Each facilitator on our team, and added industry professionals, will support our program with topics in their areas of expertise. Such as;
- Scope of Practice
- Best Practice Guidelines
- Anatomy of the Lower Leg and Foot
- Characteristics of the Aging Foot and Lower Limbs
- Infection Protection and Control
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Patient Foot Health Education
- The Multidisciplinary Health Team
- Nail & Soft Tissue Pathology
- Structural Deformities
- High Risk Categories including: Diabetes, Vascular Disorders, Wound Care and more.
Your clinical skills will be observed and practiced in a state of the art medical Foot Clinic with top of the line instruments, equipment and new foot care technologies including padding and strapping, electric rotary tools, scalpel skills, laser therapy (where available), and much more…
Students will receive the most up-to date and Evidence-Based Best Practice Standards available including Infection Control & Protection Standards for Ontario.
You are not required to purchase instruments for this course. They are provided during clinical practice. All clinical practice is done one on one with instructor. We provide your case studies at the facility with actual patients. You do not have to find your own case studies. All instruments and equipment is provided for your clinical placement. If the student wishes to purchase instruments after course completion FFLSPN offers discounted rates to students.